Saturday, October 23, 2010

Shingles

Good evening Blog! I'm home alone, sitting out a bout of shingles. They're quite spectacular, visually, but the pain and discomfort have largely disappeared, praise the Lord - and Famvir. They're right round my middle, from my spine to my bellybutton on the right-hand side. The huge bubbles in the skin are beginning to recede. I believe the next thing thing I can expect is that the whole lot will crust over, by which time I won't be contagious any more (though everyone seems to agree that it would be difficult to give someone else shingles) but by which time the whole thing should be dreadfully itchy. No point in worrying about that just now. Sufficient unto the day...
It's handy that this coming week is Mid-term. I'm not due back to school till Monday week and then it's only for two days. We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment